什麼時候你意識到自己不再是個小孩了?_風聞
龙腾网-2020-07-09 11:46
【來源龍騰網】
評論原創翻譯:

Jordan Yates Proud owner of a gently-used family. Not all there but mostly functional. Answered Sep 23
“I’ll pay.”
“我來付吧。”
My mom’s jaw grazed the table.
我媽媽吃驚得下巴差點掉到桌子上了。
Two entrees drinks dessert and a tip.
(我付了)兩道主菜、飲料和甜點的錢,我(甚至)還給了點小費。
“I’m… shocked. Not that you’re being generous but that… you’re an adult. You can pay for stuff. Wow.
“我很震驚。不是因為你慷慨付錢,而是因為……你是個成年人了。你能自己付錢了。哇哦!”
“Normally I’d fight you over it and insist on paying but I’m just so surprised.”
“通常我會為了買單和你爭執,並且堅持付錢,但這次我真的很驚訝。”
Slipping my card back into my wallet I shrugged.
我把卡放回錢包裏,聳了聳肩。
I snagged my purse off the floor and spun my keys lazily around one finger.
我拿起我的錢包,懶洋洋地用一根手指旋轉着我的鑰匙。
“Ready to go?”
“準備要走了嗎?”
Shefali Naidu Answered Sep 30
At a party after the dinner was over people were helping themselves to the desserts.
在一個派對上,晚餐結束後,人們在吃甜點。
Just then I saw a person with a big tray of ice cream cones coming forward.
就在這時,我看到一個人拿着一大盤冰淇淋蛋筒向前走來。
When he came near me I lunged forward for one when the person in sweetest way possible told me
當他走近我時,我撲向前想拿一個,這時他用一種儘可能温柔的聲音告訴我説,
“Ma’am this is for the kids. Desserts are kept there for everyone else.”
“太太,這些是給孩子們吃的。那裏的甜點是供所有人享用的。”
I smiled and awkwardly put the cone back.
我笑了笑,尷尬地把冰淇淋蛋筒放了回去。
This is when I realised I was no longer a child.
我在這個時候意識到自己不再是個孩子了。
That person later gave an ice cream to a 19 year ‘kid’.
那個人後來甚至拿了個冰淇淋蛋筒給一位19歲的“小朋友”。
I mean come on! I am just 10 years older to her. Not fair.
我的意思是,要不要這樣啊!我只比她大十歲。這不公平。